When the Loveland Library was in Sixth and Cleveland – Loveland Reporter-Herald


Previous to the opening of the Loveland Public Library at 300 N. Adams Ave. in 1987 it was positioned in Sixth and Cleveland in a constructing that later turned the Loveland places of work of Larimer County.

This photograph, printed within the Reporter-Herald in March 1985, confirmed the library in what had turn into a cramped location, explaining {that a} new library had been accepted by voters and could be constructed the next 12 months within the Civic Heart advanced. .

The present library, which was expanded 10 years in the past, is the fourth within the city of Loveland.

The primary library was primarily based within the dwelling of Anna Duffield, the city’s first librarian, and was established in 1901 by the Ladies’s Enchancment Society, in keeping with the City of Loveland web site. The ladies of the corporate collected books for the library.

In 1905, Loveland Metropolis Council accepted accountability for public library service, and with native donations and $ 10,000 from Andrew Carnegie, Loveland’s first library constructing opened three years later. It measured roughly 8,000 sq. ft and served the town for 60 years on the nook of Sixth Avenue and Cleveland Avenue.

In 1968, the unique Carnegie Library was demolished and changed with a 16,700-foot two-story constructing that rapidly outgrown the group and, positioned downtown, had restricted parking and no area for s ‘enlarge. (This constructing later turned the downtown Larimer County constructing which closed in 2018 when the county opened a brand new facility.)

The town then constructed the prevailing Loveland Public Library within the Civic Heart advanced. It opened in September 1987 with 28,000 sq. ft, room to fulfill the wants of a rising group. The town expanded the library in 1996, including an extra 4,000 sq. ft within the northeast nook – an area devoted to a public laptop lab.

The library underwent one other growth and renovation, which came about all through 2010 and 2011, including one other 27,000 sq. ft and a second ground to the Loveland Public Library and reworking the remainder of the ability.



Supply hyperlink

Comments are closed.